Monday, January 25, 2010
After watching Dawn McVey's video post on how to create backgrounds using the PTI stamps I sat down and created a whole buch of different patterns on various scraps of cardstock. I decided to stick with a monochromatic theme using Lavendar Moon and Plum Pudding. I used the following stamps sets: Damask Designs, Background Basics: Diamonds, Background Basics: Hearts, and Birthday Basics. I also went a little old school and pulled out a template that I bought when I first began making cards. Remember when this style was so HOT! Sometimes going back and using some old techniques isn't so bad.
Here's a fuzzy close up. I took this so you could see the shimmer! It is a products called Bliss Mist Radiant Shimmer at a local stamp store in Canon City, CO when visiting my mom; I used Purple Passion on these cards.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Friday, January 22, 2010
here's a close up of the pattern I created using the largest image from Damask Designs and White Daisy ink from CTMH. The cardstock is a BEAUTIFUL pale gold linen cardstock by Neenah that I found at my local Xpedx. If you have one in your area, it is a must visit for you. You can buy cardstock by the ream (250 sheets), which is soooo much more cost effective. For instance a ream of 80# Neenah Classic Crest Solar White (good for use with Copics) boils down to $.12 per sheet!
Are you wishing you were in at CHA this weekend like me? Ohhhh maybe some day! :)
Sunday, January 10, 2010
- Stamp: Papertrey Ink (Big Bold Wishes)
- Ink: Papertrey Ink (Summer Sunrise)
- Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Summer Sunrise), Unknown (Grape, Pomegranate, White)
- Other: Martha Stewart (Butterfly Punch)
Thursday, January 7, 2010
- Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Guidelines II, Mega Mixed Messages)
- Ink: Papertrey Ink (Berry Sorbet), Palette Black, CTMH (Daisy White)
- Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Berry Sorbet), Black, White
- Other: Papertrey Ink Ribbon & Rustic Twine (Berry Sorbet, Cream), Button, Spellbinders (Labels Four)
Owl B Yours
- Paper: DCWV
- Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Summer Sunrise), Light Pink, Medium Pink, Red, White
- Other: Making Memories Stickers, Joann Sheer White Ribbon
- Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Everyday Button Bits, Background Basics Hearts, Say It With Style)
- Ink: Papertrey Ink (Hisbiscus), CTMH (White Daisy, Sweet Leaf)
- Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Sweet Blush), Bazzill Basics (Bery Sensation), White
- Other: Papertrey Ink Ribbon (Sweet Blush Grosgrain), Bella's Baubles, Making Memories Buttons, Staple, Spellbinders (Scalloped Circle Nestabilities), Fiskars Border Punch (Upper Crest)
I also decided to kill two birds with one stone and combined the color challenge with my interpretation of this weeks 2Sketches4U sketch.
Here's what I pulled together with this awesome color combo, of course using stamps from my favorite stamps company - PTI!
The photo doesn't do the colors in this card justice. I colored in the polka dots and they are much more muted than what shows up in the photo. I also stamped on flower image with Versamark on the Lemon Tart cardstock. Thanks Dawn for the inspiration!
- Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Polka Dot Basics, Big Bold Wishes, Friends Til The End)
- Ink: Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist), CTMH (Chocolate), Versamark, Copic Markers
- Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist), Neenah (Brown, Ivory)
- Other: Papertrey Ink Ribbon (Aqua Mist), Hero Arts Glitter
Saturday, January 2, 2010
- Stamps: Guidelines II, Autumn Abundance (PTI)
- Ink: Sweet Blush (PTI), Black (Palette), Daisy White (CTMH)
- Cardstock: Sweet Blush (PTI), Kraft (unknown)
- Ribbon: Sweet Blush (PTI)
- Punch: Unknown (Martha Stewart)
- Other: 3D foam tape