Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Friday, March 25, 2011
Saturday, February 12, 2011
It's late enough that I think I can let the cat out of the bag. My baby brother turns 30 on 2/13. So what better way to celebrate than to receive 30 birthday cards from his big sis! That's my Project 30! I thought it was such a fun and unique idea-the whole family got involved. I've posted several of the cards already and will trickle the rest in over the next week or so. Let me tell ya, there are some dosies!This first card came from the idea that Nichole used here during the January release of By the Numbers dies and stamps. Here is used just the dies to cut out 30's after i used the Polka Dot Basics II impression plate. I then ran the numbers through my Xyron and voila! I LOVE how this turned out!!
Friday, February 11, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
The tag is printed on soft stone, the card base is Aqua Mist (my personal fav!), and this lucious Basic Grey paper has Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist and Raspberry Fizz splashed in. It's all topped off with a layered Swiss Dot Summer Sunrise bow.
This card is also part of a secret project I'm calling Project 30. I'll give more details next week!
Sunday, February 6, 2011
To get an extra entry in today's contest, Nicholle has provided a freebie download. When I sawy Melissa's tag I knew I wanted a rainbow of paper on the card front. I added texture with the Polka Dot Basics II impression plate on the strips of colored cardstock. A seam binding edge and bow complete the card. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Saturday, February 5, 2011
Papertrey Ink, my all time favorite stamp company is celebrating their 4th Anniversary. Nicholes post today, asks us to reflect on our favorite project and products from 2010. This was difficult as I couldn't narrow this down to just one I have a couple so here they are!
- I love this first card because it has my two favorite colors (Aqua Mist & Lemon Tart) AND my single most favorite flower (Friends Til The End) from PTI!!! When I got this set, all I did was cut these flowers out and color, color, color. Hey PTI how about a die for this one?? :)
- When Everyday Button Bits was released and I saw that bicycle, I knew those wheels just had to be flowers! A good friend my age, who was diagnosed with cancer, received this card because she owned a bicylce that had flower patterns in the tires. Can you imagine?
- I think I secretly want a VB Bug, because this little Car and Die form Enjoy the Ride got lots of mileage at my house! (Again with the Aqua Mist *wink*)
- I wish I had a picture of the litte girls dress at church that inspired this beauty. The dress was white with the chocoalte brown patter and then a pink shrug and ribbon at the waist! Ohhhh it was divine. Here I also tried my hand and the popular layerd paper flowers.
- Last but not least.... I cased this card idea from a fellow PTI'er who layere the text and polka dot backgrounds. It turned out so good! I also love, love, love the Sweet Treats II and that wicth. I wish you could see this one in real life as I used the Martha glue pad and her amazing glitter.
Well that's my PTI year in review favs. I hope you join the festivities....but don't leave too many comments 'cause that will reduce my chances of winning. ;)
Saturday, January 22, 2011
I secured the wrinkle ribbon with score tape to the Damask embossed panel. This panel is adhered to the card base with foam tape. This card to me is very clean, simple and elegant. Even DH said he liked it! Thanks for stopping by.
Friday, January 21, 2011
I don't usually show the inside of a card, but I couldn't resist here. I am in love with this #2. I think the font is simply divine. That's all for today. Have a great weekend!!
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Friday, January 14, 2011
The first card I whipped up I am super proud of. Why you say, cause it ain't nothin' special. Well.... I finally inked up my Just the Ticket stamp set and busted out the matching die! I've had this set for months! And oh yeah.... I used some supplies from the massive stash! Again the card isn't super elaborate, but I love the color combination and the giant bird. This would be perfect for a kids birthday or supper funny for an adult birthday.
Next up is a thank you card. I'm not so thrilled about this one as I really wanted the three flowers to show, but then realized the images were too big and had to chop it off. What i do love is that this sketch is super quick and easy. You can make it all fussy if you want, but you don't have to!