Monday, October 27, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
I LOVE the googlie eyes!
To achieve the scalloped edge I placed one end of my card half way into a Nestabilities scalloped Circle.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
I really love how this turned out. My new fascination lately is buttons. I can't seem to get enough of them. Although my first love is still flowers. I absolutely love the Snag-em Stamps from Imaginicse. This bird is from their Fairest of Them All collection. The border of white circles is hand drawn with the new Tim Holtz white gel pen.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
(This is one of my fav pictures from our spring break trip to Juneau, AK in 2007)Where do I start..... I love to check my blog and see that someone has left a comment. It gives a little twinge in my heart to know that someone cared enough to leave me a tidbit of themselves. I need that reinforcement. I work from home and really miss the sense of team you get when working in an office environment. Don't get me wrong I LOVE working in my PJ's or rolling out of bed 10 minutes before I need to take DS to school. With work, kids, church, school, etc i rarely get time for me, so my blog is it. My little slice of 15 minutes or so a day to loose myself in the information super highway and be inspired by others and leave a tidbit of me with them.
Ok now for the good part. Here are the wonderful blogs that I have discovered thus far:
- Meaghan - is an amazing cervical cancer surviror. I am at a loss for words as I just read this amazing post. Just go visit her.
- Heather - One of the funniest, most real, ladies I've met - virtually that is ;)
- April - another gal that keeps it real and makes me chuckle out loud.
- Cherry's Jubilee - I am axiously waiting to see if her passion for halloween extends to other holidays!
- Scrapping for Less - Ok who doesn't love a website that tells you about great give aways on crafting supplies!
I hope you enjoy your visits to my fellow SITS sista's!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
All supplies Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted.
Supplies: Stamps (Treasure Life); Ink: Sunflower, Sweat Leaf, Tulip, Creme Brulee, VersaMark; Pattern Paper: Boom-Di-Ada, Ribbon: Offray
Saturday, October 4, 2008
I rotated the sketch and used foam adhesive for the top layer of cardstock that I stamped on.
Cardstock: Blue (DCWV); Pattern Paper: Euphoria (Basic Grey); Stamps: Garden of Life (Papertrey Ink)
Ok, so i haven't gotten much done, but here's what I have so far for World Card Making Day!
- Snowgirl Card - A little touch of pink is all a girl of snow needs!
- Merry Christmas - i know again with the pink ;) I pulled out an oldie but a goodie - my alcohol inks, used them on the back of the clear button.
- Happy Birthday - a card I made for my grandmother.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Oh I'm all a twitter!!!! Barbara at Made For Keeps has tagged me for a Q&A. Here are the rules...
- Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
- Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
- Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So here my 7:
- I only eat eggs scrabbled or in an omlette. Not fried, not deviled, no egg salad, not poached, not hard boiled - blech!
- I love sci-fi! Some of my favs are Battlestar Galactica, Heros, Smallville, Fringe, Star Trek, Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles.
- I collect Little Mermaid snow globes.
- I hiked in, to the bottom and out of the Grand Canyon on a 9th grade field trip.
- Ice cream IS a food group, at least for me.
- I wanted to go to the Air Force Academy, become a pilot and fly F-16's
- I love Project Runway so much, and they make sewing look so easy, that I was inspired to make my DD's Cinderella costume 2 yrs ago.
Ok so now for my favorite blogs:
- Alicia - she has more talent in her little finger than I have in my whole body!
- Michelle - I discovered her through one of my favorite stamp company's - Papertrey Ink. I really like her clean style.
- Jennifer - A fellow Papertrey Ink fan. I've been stalking her blog lately and love her style!
- Jen - a fellow SheetLoad designer who's intricate cards are amazing!
- Nicole - designer and sketch artist at Sheetload. This gal is truely an artist. She makes not only cards, but the most beautiful jewelry!
- Michelle - designer and sketch artist at Sheetload. Her creations are so clean and crisp. (Crisp - I know a weird descriptor, but that's was I think when I see her work)
- Heather - and last but not least my recent gem found through SITS. If you need a chuckle, or even a belly laugh you must go visit Heather. Believe me you won't be sorry!